Center for Political Education seeks a co-director to lead our political education work and manage the day-to-day operations of the organization. The new co-director will work collaboratively with CPE’s current co-director and under the advisement of our community advisors. A complete job description can be found here.
Who is CPE and what is our mission?
We’ve been a resource for political organizations on the left, progressive social movements, the working class and people of color for more than 25 years.
Located in California’s Bay Area, we believe organizing and activism grounded in strong theory and ideas are important tools for movement building.
What is CPE’s work?
CPE engages directly with grassroots organizers, activists, and movement scholars to host classes, forums, study groups, and public events that help political organizations on the left to:
1) deepen their historical knowledge;
2) wrestle with and understand political theory; and
3) refine and apply critical analysis to the work they do in communities at the frontlines of political struggle.
We build the skills of organizers and activists so they can build more strategic and impactful movements.
What will make for a successful co-director at CPE?
CPE is looking for someone who is:
- a Movement Worker who is accountable to movements and understands the strategic challenges facing organizers and political organizations based in working class and Black, indigenous, and people of color communities.
- a Thoughtful Strategist who recognizes the value of studying history and theory and how to apply that information to the practice of organizing.
- a Creative Teacher of political education with experience training organizers across sectors, generations, and geography.
- a Collaborative Partner who can develop strong partnerships with existing and new allies and work together with CPE’s current co-director and community advisory board to galvanize supporters towards shared goals.
- a Capable Fundraiser who can keep CPE’s finances and operations running smoothly while working to grow CPE’s resources to meet the increased need for our political education work in the months and years ahead.
women, Black, indigenous, people of color, people with disabilities, queer, transgender, non-binary, gender non-conforming people, and formerly-imprisoned people are strongly encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY, please review the job description and email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write “co-director application” in the subject line.